Proud to be a Cowboy - Proud to be a Oklahoman.



After a absolutely astonishing weekend of Cowboy Football it is easy to say that we are the best School in the state. After many years of trial and error we have a solid football team to be proud of. Not since '88 has a Cowboy football season been met with this much anticipation. Our boys showed up, and they delivered.

I strongly encourage you to read this article by a Georgia Fan. This article fills me with pride in the way that we are treating our opponents. But also fills me with concern at some of the comments that follow by fellow OSU fans.

As proud as I am to be a cowboy I cannot allow this pride to detract from OU. As a Oklahoman I was worried for Sam Bradford in his injured state. He is after all a Oklahoman and we should be proud of him. I for one would like to see OSU take on OU with both teams at their best. I wish both of OU's players a speedy recovery.

The rivalry between OSU and OU is one of the deeper intrastate college rivalries I am aware of. Truth be told I was commonly heard saying "my two favorite teams are OSU and who ever the hell is playing OU". Today this is not true. Now please understand you will not see me trading in my Orange and Black for Crimson and Cream but I have found a way to live with and even cheer for OU.

Most of my friends are OU fans. They have come to the house to watch OSU take on Texas (the only thing a OU fan hates more than OSU is Texas). There will always be ribbing in Oklahoma between OSU and OU fans, but please understand both Schools have some bad apples. Our job is to not let them spoil the bunch.

Out rivalry is just that between two Schools. To me we keep that in Oklahoma. Once we are out of the state we are ALL Oklahoma. How we represent one school or the other is how the world perceives this state. Can't the OSU / OU rivalry stay just that. A fun good matured rivalry between to Great Oklahoma Schools.

0 thoughts from readers: