He called me Sissy.

Birthday started off bright.

Today the first contact I had from anyone was from Matt (my baby brother).

For the first time in 14 years he wished me a happy birthday. The last time he was 1 and a half going on 2, all I clearly remember is that he called me 'Sissy'.

I cannot tell you just how happy that made me. I further cannot tell you just how happy that text message made me this morning.

Over the weekend I had a few friends over for a night of beer (only my favorites - Linenkugel Sunset Wheat, and Marshall Sundown Wheat) and brauts. It was a modest gathering but seemed to fit the first annual 28th birthday celebration well. Damion, Jocelyn, Kelli, Kenny, Erin, Sean, Trick, and Scarlet.

We watched some basket ball,ok - Kelli, Kenny, and I watched. At this point my bracket was still looking good. For me it is loads of Big XII love - I just want the big east to loose.

Sunday brought the joint family party for myself and Robyn. The family opted to give each of us one large gift for Rob it was a Bookcase, for me a 2 person hammock. I am admittedly looking forward to a warm sunny day to fully use it. Additionally I have 3 gift cards that will go for shoes(!), some new work shirts, a nacho plate, Tulsa drawing, photo frame, and my le cruset tea pot (flame) on its way! And most exciting of all I now have a lawn mower (thank you hunny)!!!

Today I think we will gather at Split Rail for Ribs.

This past year has been a odd one for me. NPR has laid off many of the reporters I liked. I have switched jobs. For all intensive purposes Grant and I live on opposite sides of the planet. And I am finding my self yearning for a slower pace of life, hopefully the hammock will be the start of something new and good.

1 thoughts from readers:

The Stones said...


Yeah for birthdays and presents!
We had fun Saturday!